Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

List Writing ~ Journal Writing


Although I cannot share my homemade Christmas to-do list (and secretly it's not really finished yet), I can share some other lists I have started (my family reads my blog, so I don't want to spoil the gift ideas this early).  Here are shortened versions of a few lists.


List for Winter Handiwork/Activities


1. Crochet myself (not sure what color yet) another "Ma Ingall's" shawl.


2. Finish crocheting hot pads and pot holder sets to go in hope chests for the older kids.

(a set I embroidered for my youngest daughter)

3. Start embroidering a new set of towels for the kitchen, and sets for the older two kids.


4. Sew more note cards. I do this by punching holes then embroidering them by hand carefully.


5. Catch up on reading.


6. Crochet more washcloths. 

7.   Write more often



8.   Allow myself more "tea time."

9.  I'd love to teach myself to knit socks.  It's been on a list for several years now.







List for Next Spring/Summer/Fall

1. Set up the backyard "relaxation station" more often.  I did not get this up at all this summer and I hope to get it set up this fall. 






 2. Camp more often.  I still have a camper mug cozy for each of the kids, despite their distance from home right now.





3.Seek out more fun antique stores.




4. Fish more often.



5. Celebrate more often.


6.  Explore more often. 


7. Explore more food preserving, and grow more varieties in our garden.


 8.  Explore more home remedies


Thanks for reading my blog.  We still have a list for the to-do jobs here at the homestead (dead trees, re-stock wood, split wood, falling down barn, and so forth).  I hope we get the time we need to get under the house to create an access and wrap pipes before winter too.









8 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, your needlework is beautiful! Those are very thoughtful lists - full of very good ideas. I like to think that a list is a work in progress - or a nice place to organize wishes. I do so enjoy your blog.

Cris said...

I can't remember the exact title, but when you go to the library again, see if you can find a book on how to knit socks two at a time. You could also look for tutorials on YouTube--it really helps to knit them at the same time, because you (1) avoid single sock syndrome--SSS--where you never finish the second of the pair! AND (2) both your socks have the same length, heel placement, toe decreases, etc. and fit so much better. Have fun!!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh I hope you get those pipes wrapped too!
Now is definitely the time to do it!
We've got a list of things to do-- and I think it is growing!
Love seeing all your photos. The relaxation station looks fantastic. We have a little pop up awning that was given to us...we mainly use it for b-day parties... but it would be nice out by the Oak tree with some vintage sheets to hang around.
Seeing those mug cozies...reminds me to pray for you and your kiddos!
peace my friend.
Pat

Mama Pea said...

Even though the lists never end (if you're a list maker like you and I are), I always enjoy making them. It helps organize my mind . . . if not always my physical body to get the items completed! The only thing that bothers me about my (multitudinous lists)are those items that have lingered on the list for what seems like years. Does that mean they really aren't that important? Or do they stand for the never-ending hope of "someday?"

RB said...

I've had a renewed hankering for sewing quilts again, a project I do with a mixture of quilting and embroidering. It's something I will start soon now that I've cut my hours back at the store due to aging and back pain. My body's been telling me lately, I'm not a spring chicken anymore, and I'm not, but I ain't dead yet either. LOL

Can you explain the Relaxation Station? It's beautiful, and I wonder how you use it.

God bless.

RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, the "relaxation station" is exactly that. For relaxing any time of the day or night. We put furniture in there and sometimes run an electric cord and fan too (he he).

Liz said...

I love that relaxation station! Where do you find the patterns for the tea towels. I would like to make some for my kitchen.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Liz, the patterns are at most craft stores like Hobby Lobby or JoAnn Fabrics. Wal-mart has had them in the craft section as well. Or, you can order them online.