Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, June 16, 2014

Weeding




Spent Sunday weeding rose bushes.  Good thing I waited to do it last.  I was going to pull an entire rose bush, that I had thought died over winter.  After weeding and cutting it back, I found one tiny new sprout of growth.  Oh happy day!  It's my most fragrant rose bush I have so far.


I enlisted the kiddos in taking dry my herbs and getting them in jars.   I actually forgot to cut more, and since it did not rain, that is first on my to-do list today.

I woke up at 4am not feeling so well.  I'm taking the day slowly.  I ran out of ginger root, and do not feel like driving anywhere to get it (to make some homemade ginger-ale).  It's very hot and humid today.  Not a good day to be working outside anyway.


3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I know we can all "get used" to hot, humid weather but I don't really think it's the best weather for a human body to thrive in(!). So do take it easy today, keep lots of healthy liquids flowing through your system and don't stress yourself. (Did I just sound like your mother?)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, you did sound like my mother. Ha ha!

My Garden Diaries said...

YAY!!! For the new growth on your rose!!!! And I hope you are feeling better soon friend! Nicole xoxo