Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, June 6, 2014

A Peek at the Back Porch

Here is a back porch picture from 2009.  The orange colored flower pots are getting a make over this year.  The hostas have really gotten large enough, that next year I should be splitting them up too.  I did have to replant the one on the right last year.

I'm using leftover red spray paint to give my flower pots a new, an vibrant look.  I may even paint more rocks for my strawberry beds if I have any paint leftover too (they keep the birds out of it).

What do you think?   I love it!  I might even recycle my red coffee pot into a planter on the coffee table too.

....making progress, one day at a time.  

Hubby wants to go camping this weekend (perfect weather), but work is so behind for us.  We are hoping to get caught up and get back to some family fun.  It's well over due for the kids.

3 comments:

Liz said...

The planters turned out great! I really like your patio furniture. I am thinking of buying a set like this. Maybe end of the season clearance. Hope you get to go camping!

Sam I Am...... said...

Wow, those hostas have grown! I love the red pots...after years of terra cotta pots I like some color too. Did you know you have a big heart shaped rock second from the left in your picture? That's the biggest one I've ever seen! Such a nice patio and in the shade. Enjoy your weekend whatever you decide to do. More storms coming here but at least I get my walk in with the girls in the morning. The storms seem to show up in the afternoon or evening.

Willow said...

The red planers look great .
Hope you get to do some camping .
Our is long overdue ~ we probably won't be going til mid Summer now.