One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 16, 2014

Homemade Angel Food Cake

It felt good to have time to de-stress yesterday.  Even the animals looked so relaxed.  Here is Jasper, sleeping in my kitchen window, hanging his head over the computer printer.


It rained almost all day yesterday, so I took advantage of the time indoors, along with the abundance of eggs our chickens are producing.  I'll be honest, I'm not sure I can really call it an "abundance." I think it's because Son and Daughter are not here to help eat them.  And I cannot cook small meals.  I'm used to cooking "big" that we often have more leftovers now.




I used up 14 eggs for egg burritos and used another 10 eggs to make an angel food cake.  We love to eat this as a snack simply as it is - plain, no frosting.  The kids can pack it in their school lunch too.

Today looks like a good day to plant the last of my potatoes.  We are out of extra fencing pieces, so I may just put in a stray t-post and run string for my beans this year.  I'm still holding off on planting flowers.  I did re-plant my foxglove that died off over winter, but that's it so far.

Note: I had to go back to using word verification on my blogs.  Sorry folks, but I got hit with advertising and had to go through changing passwords and such.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Well that is certainly worth using all of those eggs! I still haven't got my potatoes planted! UGH!