Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 16, 2014

Homemade Angel Food Cake

It felt good to have time to de-stress yesterday.  Even the animals looked so relaxed.  Here is Jasper, sleeping in my kitchen window, hanging his head over the computer printer.


It rained almost all day yesterday, so I took advantage of the time indoors, along with the abundance of eggs our chickens are producing.  I'll be honest, I'm not sure I can really call it an "abundance." I think it's because Son and Daughter are not here to help eat them.  And I cannot cook small meals.  I'm used to cooking "big" that we often have more leftovers now.




I used up 14 eggs for egg burritos and used another 10 eggs to make an angel food cake.  We love to eat this as a snack simply as it is - plain, no frosting.  The kids can pack it in their school lunch too.

Today looks like a good day to plant the last of my potatoes.  We are out of extra fencing pieces, so I may just put in a stray t-post and run string for my beans this year.  I'm still holding off on planting flowers.  I did re-plant my foxglove that died off over winter, but that's it so far.

Note: I had to go back to using word verification on my blogs.  Sorry folks, but I got hit with advertising and had to go through changing passwords and such.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Well that is certainly worth using all of those eggs! I still haven't got my potatoes planted! UGH!