One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Handiwork Update ~ Southwestern Egg Burritos


My youngest daughter emailed me this photo.  I thought it was so funny I just had to share.  This morning I certainly feel like that dog in the photo - still in my jammies, holding coffee, but with an ice pack instead of a towel.


The good news today, is that Daughter got on a flight yesterday (vs. today) and is in SC now.  Phew! 


Boy oh boy.  Yesterday, and the night before, was not a day to crochet.  I kept messing up.


Remember that #5 cotton crochet thread I bought a while back?  

I was about to finish this pink one.  However, with all the chaos  I messed up one square.  I had three squares crocheted together, only to find out I had to rip it apart.  Needless to say, it's put it aside for a few days.



I did get this one made with blues and yellows. It's already being used in the kitchen.


I also go this one finished too.  If you are looking for the pattern, it can be found in 101 Easy Scrap Crochet Projects, by Laura Scott.  There are 3 different patterns.



I had checked this book out of the library before, but borrowed it again.


I treated the family to a big batch of Southwestern Egg Burritos. 

It's basically Serrano pepper, bell pepper, and eggs (and salt and pepper).  You can top them with salsa and cheese too.  I opened my last jar of home canned salsa to top mine with.  Yum.  I do think I will add more than one hot pepper next time.

I'll be flipping through the book again today.  I did see a Mexican Casserole that is very similar to the Cheddar and Chilie Egg Casserole (a Rachel Ray recipe) one we make (but with way more cheese in it).

Today I am thankful for:
~ the eggs the chickens are producing
~ the help we were able to obtain to get Daughter on a flight
~ coffee, of course
~ God's Guidance
~ my camera
~ instant photo machines
~ pen and papper
~ for those praying for my kids and us
~ quiet days
~ lemons

....now that I've had my morning blog fun, I must get back to work.  Yesterday I thought those meat chickens were going to attack me to get their feed, ha ha!




2 comments:

Liz said...

Glad the daughter made it!!! Those are beautiful!

Willow said...

That is such a funny coffee/ photo phrase. lol