Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 30, 2014

Back Porch ~ The other place we hang out

Hubby said, "Now that the front porch is all done, let's deck out the back porch."

So far it's pretty with pinks, but I'll be adding more color.  This is just the beginning I think.  That little shade flower bed to the left needs weeded out and flowers planted as well.


We have one of these hanging pots on each side of the door at the patio. I simply left them in the store pots, but may change that if necessary.  The hooks are not very long so the pots have to be smaller here.

Now the the garden is completely in (aside from locating mild banana pepper plants), I can now tend to the rest of the flower beds.  In fact, after the last rain, we noticed almost everything is up.  Phew!  That is such a good feeling.  I'm thanking God every day for that.

I'll be tweeking my back porch (really a side porch the way the house is built), and hope to have photos soon.  

If you can't tell, we intend to have porch time much more often this year.  Last year we got very little due to the weather.  The kids have voiced that they enjoy the porch too.  It's a great place for them to do homework, read, write, or simply sit and take a few minutes to channel in nature.  I love to sip hot coffee, and watch the sunrise (on the front porch) still in my jammies.  It's a great place to eat any meal too.

I'm sure there will be "porch" conversations all summer and fall.



I'll be sure to make sure Hubby has ice cold beer on hand, for relaxing at the end of a hard day's work. 

Have a fun filled, safe, and exciting weekend!  God Bless.

7 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I've had that Fat Tire beer and it's good! LOve your porches and flowers.

My Garden Diaries said...

Such a beautiful view you have there! And I am right there with you...there is nothing better than taking it all in from the porch! I can't wait to see more and a lovely weekend to you and your family! Nicole glad the plants are all up :)))

Mama Pea said...

What is the saying? "You shape your environment and your environment shapes you." Kudos for making a pretty, relaxing place for your family to gather and enjoy each other. Our only porch or deck is "out front" where it overlooks the gardens and berry patches . . . which is admittedly a great view. Don't know how much relaxing the deck will afford this summer though because it's rotting and falling apart (oh, sad to say, yes it is) and replacement of it is one of our big projects for this summer. Maybe we'll have it done by September and can still get a few weeks of relaxing on it. :o) Hope so!

Liz said...

We haven't had any porch time yet this year. But that is in the plans for tonight! You have a very relaxing space!!

RB said...

Gorgeous!!! I have an old watering can like that. It's pretty ineffective for watering because it has no dam across the top front of it so when you tilt it to sprinkle water onto plants, the water flows over the top of it as well. pfffttt But what a GREAT idea to paint it and use it as a colorful planter. I'm going to do that for sure. Wonder what color I should pick.

BTW - Is there a way to share your posts on my Facebook with my friends. I don't see a share button here anywhere.

God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I tried to add a share button for facebook, but it would not work. I'll tray to see if I can get help on this.

Carolyn said...

Our front porch is a hangout, but I really need to do some BH&G things to it. I LOVE seeing a pretty porch!