Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Camping Embroidery



Remember the cloth napkins I found while cleaning?  They are now getting embroidered.  I found a fun iron-on transfer from Sublime Stitching and love it!  The patterns are a bit pricey, but I ordered mine during a half-price sale.


They are fun, simple, and not too much work to pack up in the pop-up camper. 

Aren't they cute?  I have more to embroider too.

I do draw the line on taking too much stuff (things that have no useful purpose) when camping.  I try to keep it limited. 

When I go camping, it's for unplugging, getting away from busyness, to enjoy nature, hike, fish, sit by the fire, enjoy the company of my family (without everyone holding their electronics snap chatting, texting or emailing).  

Oh Geeze.  Now I want to go camping.  Sigh.

6 comments:

Willow said...

I am really loving that camping embroidery ~ and I love camping as well :)

Mama Pea said...

Your camping towels are delightful because of your talented embroidery. But I would be hesitant to take them on any of our camping trips 'cause they'd get stained and mucked up way too fast!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I see so many cute things for camping. I'd have to be careful too-- my camper would be filled up with cutesy and no room for me!
Love these napkins; cute embroidery too.
Pat

GrannyAnnie said...

Those are terrific! I love that design. You did such a beautiful job! Now I am going to have to find that pattern!
When my kids were little, I will admit, I took WAY too much camping, but now they look back and remember it all with a giggle of a smile, and how much they did enjoy all that stuff, anyway. Now, when any of us get to go, we do take only the minimal. I even let them talk me into taking a microwave tent camping once! We have had a few warm nights here, lately (certainly not tonight, though), and it has made me long to go camping on a fishing bank with a pole and a little bait!

EMMA said...

Wow your embroidery is amazing!! Hope I will be able to do something like that one day.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks for the kind comments. We still plan to use these camping, despite getting them stained.