Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Discombobulated



Have you ever felt discombobulated when your routine is abruptly changed?  I do.  It throws off my thinking, activities or chores, for the entire day.  It forces me to be a different "me" for the day.  It forces me to be more creative.

In any event, I deep cleaned my living room, thankful to have electricity.  After 3 hours of that, the hot water finally kicked on.  Thankful for that, I got my exercise in and a nice hot shower.

Although I went through my day feeling like I was doing everything backwards, it all worked out.  I just felt discombobulated without my morning routine. 


 "I like that feeling of discombobulation that comes in creating an absurd world that doesn't make sense. 'Monty Python' does a good job of it; 'Bugs Bunny,' too."
~ Reggie Watts


Update on the accident victims:  Hubby's grand niece was released without any injuries.  The passenger was life-flighted to another hospital - broken leg, pelvis, hip, and collar bone.  She already had one surgery and I think the next is Thursday.

Update on homemade creamed soups:  I did freeze some homemade cream of mushroom soup.  I thawed some yesterday and baked scalloped potatoes and ham with it.  Delicious!

 Update on the pellet stove:  part is ordered ($137.00) and should be delivered today. Yay! 

Today I am thankful for:
~ hazelnut coffee, mmmm!
~ split seasoned wood on the porch
~ time today to spend writing (big Yay!)
~ back to exercise (need to shed another 25 lbs.)
~  getting my craft supplies moved out of my bedroom (this may take time, but thrilled it's happening)
~ my humidifier
~ my crock pot (easy cooking)
~ God's Word of Truth
~ postage stamps
~ God's Mercy
 



4 comments:

Kim said...

Happy news on the neice. Prayers for the passenger. I am glad you got water back on. And my fingers are crossed that the auger comes today and hubs has time to put it on. Hope you have fun with your writing today. I am wanting to get out the paint brushes so bad, so I know how you feel.I have never froze my soup mix. I always just reconstitute it as I need it.

Liz said...

Thanks for updating us on everyones condition. Prayers for them!

That is my word ever since we have moved! UGH! I just can't get into a routine.

EMMA said...

Just learnt a new word - doubt if I'll ever be able to spell it.
Glad to hear your niece is doing ok.

RB said...

Prayers for your niece and the injured passenger.

Being retired, I don't have much of a morning routine other than a cuppa jo and a couple of pieces of toast, so changes don't usually affect me much anymore.

About the only thing that might discombobulate me a bit is if I'm planning for a day of rest, and someone else plans something else for me while waiting until the last minute to tell me.

God bless.

RB
<><