Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Winter Camping?

My oldest brother sent me this.  Camping in winter?  He asked "Who's in?"

I would try it.  As long as it wasn't -38°F wind chill.  We could have all kinds of fun - cook over the fire, sip hot chocolate, build a snowman, and hike.   We could ice fish!  Ha!

Speaking of snow and winter,  we got more of it last night.  School is closed today.  It's a wet snow, and it rained during the snowfall. 

I'm starting to feel better, and spent the entire day yesterday reading writer magazines that have piled up.  It was fun to just sit and read, and sip hot tea.  I actually did some writing too.

Head's up on the eucalyptus oil - it can reduce the effects of many medications because it detoxifies.  Once I stopped steaming, my medications worked much better.  Duh moment, and a learning experience.  Once I am healed, I will steam for preventative reasons.  However, the 3 times I did steam, really did help my sinuses. 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Spring, Summer, Fall..but not sure about Winter camping! :) Maybe 40's but this winter, has been nowhere near that :)

Sam I Am...... said...

I heard you were going to get "thundersnow" probably because of the snow/rain threat. I've been feeling a little under the weather and last night only slept 3 hours but feel much better today. I need to replenish my natural oils too.

Sam I Am...... said...

I think you should stay home and warm and get better! Maybe next year Winter Camping...it seems like with your heating and plumbing issues you've already been doing that all Winter! LOL!

Mama Pea said...

We've done a bit of winter camping . . . and I have to admit I'm not crazy about it. I remember stretching out in bed in the tent one night and telling my husband I was feeling strange muscles from either too much snowshoeing or I was going into early labor. (I was 7 months pregnant. It was the snowshoeing.) Hubby has recently developed a strong urge to go winter camping again. I'm suggesting he invite a good guy friend to join him.