Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snowed In (again)

As you can see, the weather forecast was correct.  This is the "U" in our horseshoe drive.  The rest is drifted over too - some 3 feet high.

I was greeted with a 1 foot drift smack dab in front of one door too.  You can see where the dogs went out.  Jesse wasn't too happy about that.



The snow and wind continues here, and I already started the day rested, by sleeping in.  Yep, this gal slept in.  I plan to exercise (big news right?) and work on those looming projects today.  School closed last night early, and several counties here have a level alert where no one is allowed to drive.  

My 14 year-old is cooking up some whole-wheat pancakes and sausage for breakfast, and one is already walking on the treadmill while reading a book.

Snow days are a good excuse to do just anything you want.

7 comments:

Nancy Jo said...


Hi Kris,
Yes crazy winter right? Its been a long time since we have had a winter with this much snow.
Nancy Jo

Liz said...

Oh boy, here you go again! Stay warm and enjoy your snowday!

Carolyn said...

I'm SOOOOO finished with winter, as I'm sure you are. Pancakes and sausages sound like a good "snowed in" breakfast...especially when someone else is cooking them :)

Kim said...

Hot Chocolate for everyone after the snow is cleared! Take care.

Sam I Am...... said...

That picture reminded me of the farm I used to have and when it "snowed and blowed".....loved it! I didn't go out but I know some must get to work.

EMMA said...

Lots of snow here in the alps too but we don't seem to get the wind and the drifts like you do. Lots of shoveling every morning all the same!

Mama Pea said...

We haven't had any new snow since that 3" last . . . when was it? Last weekend? But still plenty on the ground. We're in a spell of sunny days (whoopee!) but still very cold temps. Could be worse!