Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cupcake

This is the story of how my 14 year-old daughter just got the nickname of "Cupcake."

After homecoming last weekend, she opted to go home with a friend and stay the night (so she could shower too).  We, at the time had no hot water.  The dance ended at midnight.

The next day, Hubby was to pick her up around 4pm.  He was not home by then, and called me.


I drove over, and my instincts told me "do not pull all the way in that drive or you'll get stuck."

I did not follow that instinct.  

While backing out, I felt the car slide to the left.  I knew.

The snow was up to the floor board.  I sent my daughter up to the door for a shovel.  However, she disappeared for a while.  While I sat there and waited impatiently, I called Hubby.  He told me to turn of my traction control by pushing the button.  I did.  However, later he never told me I had to hold the blasted button down until the light went away either, so the stinkin' traction control kept coming on....

Anyway, her friend's parents came out, and we tried shoveling and such.  We got backed out a short way, but it wasn't working (hence the traction control issue).  They ended up pulling me out with their 4-wheel drive Jeep.  

Later that night, my daughter and I were discussing my demise with Hubby.  She told us that while she was inside the house, and I was sitting in my car stuck, she was inside eating a cupcake.  

Hmpf!  "Are you kidding me?!"

A cupcake!

There you have it.  Her nickname is cupcake.  And I will forever remind her.  That's what mother's do.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

She was just sitting inside eating a cupcake? I am obviously not as nice as you. I would have been tempted to call her something not as nice and sweet as "Cupcake!"

Candy C. said...

Silly child! And Cupcake shall be her name forevermore! ;)