Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Clothesline Shoveled


Although I am still coughing a bit, I donned my winter coat and boots, and finally shoveled out the clothesline.  As most folks driving by will turn their head, I had a nice time getting fresh air, listening to the birds sing, and enjoying the sunshine.  However, I probably should have stayed inside.




Like someone said, if you run a homestead, work never ends.  I woke up to a low-grade fever, and went back to bed.  However, I forgot to take something for it and I forgot to check both stoves.  Wouldn't you know it?  The last to load the wood stove never restocked the  wood.  So, out I went, pajamas, slippers and all.  I brought in just enough to keep it going until I can get my son to restock it. 

We are once again undergoing frigid temperatures.  And you can guess that half the house has frozen pipes.  Thankfully, the hot water in one shower is running today (the other shower has still not thawed from the last freeze we had).

If these meds will kick in, I need to toss Kale and Bean soup in the crock pot (another revealed hoarded recipe).  If not, the family can fend for themselves tonight.  It's not a "crock-pot" recipe, but I'm making it one today.

It's snowing lightly here today, and more snow in on the way at the end of the week.




7 comments:

Willow said...

Oh my ~ take care of yourself and stay warm !
Sending warm, well wishes too you .
Don't go freezing like the clothes o the line ;)

Liz said...

The picture of the pathway to your clothsline is crazy!! Hope you feel better soon and no more pipes freeze!

Carolyn said...

I woke to a cold house today, but it was my fault....I slept in.

Hope you're able to take it easy and recover. Nothing worse than having to take care of everyone else (family and livestock) when having to take care of yourself.













Michelle said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. Try to rest and let your family baby you for a while.

EMMA said...

Looks like we are still having similar weather. We expect more snow tomorrow, but are lucky to have avoided the frozen pipes this year (so far).
Get well soon.

Candy C. said...

That's a LOT of snow! I sure hope you are feeling better! {{HUGS}}

Mama Pea said...

Uh-oh, somebody over did it a bit! But I'm sending you sympathy 'cause I know it is SOOOO hard not to over do when there is simply so much to be done. :o(