One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Button Switchplates ~ Quinoa Burrito Bowls ~ Walnut Shells Going Camping


Man, I just can't win for losing.  My doctor now has me on another prescription.  This frustrates me.  Although I am enjoying the time resting, I am getting that itch to get things done, and tired of getting tired in a short time when I am up.  Hopefully this one will do the magic I need.  I did clean out 3 complete binders yesterday.  I know, what was I thinking?  I am a pattern hoarder no more.  Phew.




Here is one magazine page that did not make the "cut" when cleaning.  It's cute, but I could see this being a dust collector and difficult to clean if I made them.  It came from a 2000 issue of Woman's Day magazine.








Although I was not up to it, I made dinner for the family - Quinoa Burrito Bowls.    This recipe comes from Diabetic Cooking magazine, and I sometimes search out healthy recipes from that magazine (even though we do not have any diabetics living here).  As you can see, I used a plate - another revealed hoarded recipe.  If you make this, do not skip the fresh lime juice.  It's what flavors the dish. 



I'm thinking Spring.


I saved all of the walnut shells we cracked last year.  I will be grinding some of them down to fill pin cushions (have yet to figure that out yet), and the remaining shells are being made into fire starters.  I am also saving some for other projects.

Be sure to check it out at my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot.

It's another item dealt with this winter, a job completed, and another item preparing us for camping season - nothing wasted.

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

You've got some tough germs you're fighting there! Besides actually being sick, I think not being up and about, not using all the muscles you normally do all day long, weakens you so it's no wonder you have a lack of energy right now. Keep eating healthy and taking your "homegrown" medicine. Are you able to sleep well at night?

Kristina said...

Most nights I can sleep well, but last night I did not.

Candy C. said...

I hope this latest prescription does the job for you. The burrito bowl/plate looks awesome and you are right about the switchplate... :)