Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Healthy Crock Pot Cookbook


I borrowed this book from the library, and have already tried two of the recipes.  The most recent one, was the Tilapia with Lemon Potatoes.  

Just sharing for those who are searching for healthier recipes to toss in the crock pot.  I just adapt local/organic/homemade ingredients.

Info:  
American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook: 200 Low-Fuss, Good-for-You Recipes (American Heart Association... by American Heart Association (Sep 18, 2012)

4 comments:

Liz said...

This looks like an interesting book. I use the crock pot a lot when we are in the camper. Wonder if my library has it?

Unknown said...

Who's the author?

Michelle said...

Will check our library for it. I do a lot of crock pot meals since ever one always busy around here.

Anonymous said...

Oh how perfect! I've been searching for a good crockpot cookbook for some time. I've never used my crockpot, well, OK, once but I needed some good recipes, and this book sounds like the perfect solution! thanks bunches for going to the library... :D
Hugs,
Beth P