Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Camping in a Pop Up Camper


We haven't named "her" yet, but she's ours.  We'll be family camping, and just having a good ol' time.  She has a slide out for the table, a toilet, air conditioner, refrigerator, stove that can be moved to outside or inside, and an outside shower.  She sleeps 7-8 (6 adults comfortably).



Remember these placemats I bought at a thrift store a year ago or so?  He he!  They are packed into a vintage suit case, along with vintage tablecloths, bedding....


....and along with this vintage hand towel I bought for $1.00.


Another, way-back-in-the-day, purchase was this vintage Samsonite case.  It's in great shape, and I paid $3.00 for it.


 (mirror adjusted upward)

(mirror adjusted flat inside lid)

It's going in the camper too.  I just have to fill it.  The mirror is adjustable, and works.  The zipper bag, on the inside is in great shape, and snaps in place. I think this may end up storing our first aid kit.  I'm not sure yet.  So many choices for us right now.

We are having so much fun just talking about re-designing the inside too.  We hope to transform the colors with new coverings and curtains.  And of course, with used and older models, some repairs need to be done too.

Hubby would like to design the inside with a coca-cola theme.  We do have lots of things we can put in the camper too, but the kids are thumbs down on that idea.  I may just cave and go along with it.  Maybe I won't take a vote on this, and just design whatever decor I would like in it.   Decisions, decisions.....

It needs a spare tire cover too.  We have all talked about what we would like.  My 11 year-old wants one with a cat on it (figures), Hubby wants a plain white one (too boring), and I want one that says "Is it Island Time?" (okay so it is kind of dorky).  The "hippie" in me likes the ones with peace signs on them too.  

Oh the fun we will have.

Inside photos coming soon! 


(pop up camper we previously borrowed.  Decor is a simple $1.00 valance from a thrift store)

Look what else we have!  All fun cookbooks for campfire cooking, dutch oven and cast iron cooking, and even cooking on a stick. 





7 comments:

Kim said...

How fun to have a new camper to deal with. I think you should make your own and let the "artist son" paint it for the family. I'll bet he could take everyones ideas and make it wonderful. And surround it with "The Smiths" "Ohio"

Candy C. said...

My ex and I used to have a pop-up camper but it wasn't nearly as nice as yours! You guys are gonna have so much fun and I can't wait to see what decor theme you end up going with! :)

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

How exciting!
I can't wait to see the inside and all the decorating you do.
I personally love the lace clothes pinned to the back window!
You find fun in the most imaginative ways!
Pat

Unknown said...

Congrats! Purty. That's great that you can afford to buy one, and fit it out. We usually go tent camping and it is a pain, literally. We've wanted to buy one before, but our house needs so much work, maybe when we "retire" (whatever that is)!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! :D I love camping but the tent thing is growing a bit old, along with me, lol! I've always wanted a popup feeling they were the best of both worlds but they are so darn expensive... hmmm, need a popup fairy :D
I know you are going to have a ball decorating it and can't wait to see before and after pics!
Have a fabulous time...
Hugs,
Beth P

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see what you do to the inside. We bought a 5th wheel which a course I had to redo. It was so much fun.There is so much you can do to a camper. Have fun!

Liz said...

You and your family will have so much fun with that camper! I can't wait to see how you decorate it. sounds like lots of great ideas.