One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

From the Homesteading Journal. . .

 . . . found this cute goat planter at a local store.  We got it for a fraction of the cost Menard's was selling them for (small ding in the bottom, so they marked it down for us).



 . . . picked up more goat fencing and supplies.  The dollar signs are just flying by.  I think we still need more supplies.  It's taken us over 2 years to get this fencing up.  That however, is reality in today's economy.


. . . Hubby wants 3 more rose bushes to landscape a few areas.  We still need a load of dirt.

(installation in progress)

. . . picked up 2 more rain barrels.  They are on clearance already.




. . . peas are now up above the fence and ready to harvest.  I might be sharing a new recipe soon.  I also found a recipe for a jalapeno dip we may try.

. . . more broccoli is ready too.  Cauliflower is soon to follow.

. . .my younger brother surprised us by bringing us a load of wood.

6 comments:

Willow said...

Such a cute little goat planter :)

Michelle said...

The garden looks great. Wish my pea were ready to harvest. They only about 6 inches high.

Winnie Nielsen said...

That goat planter is just too adorable for words! My daughter, who raises dairy goats would so love one for her porch! We don't have a Menards locally.

nancy said...

Cute planter. We're in the same boat with ongoing projects. The bathroom is next year, waiting for 7. It'll be a fairly big remodel. Couldn't get to it yet, with all the other stuff....

Kim said...

Now that is my kinda gift,better make him some homemade jam/jelly.

Liz said...

I like the toadstool in the background. I have a rain barrel on my list of things to get. Hope I can find some on sale! Cute planter!