Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Here Kitty Kitty!


I printed this pattern from the internet.  It's a cat bookmark.  I gave the pattern a whirl.  What do you think?  I did not have fingering yarn, so I used #3 cotton (coffee).  The ears still show holes, unlike the photo, where the ears appear solid, but the kids liked it.  I do need to sew in the ends and and block it.  

I actually made that a few nights ago.  My hands hurt too much to do any crocheting last night.  Yesterday I spent the day doing laundry, and weeding flower beds (with a lot more to weed yet).

I woke up today to rain and the temperature a bit chilly.  It should warm up, and I will be heading out to plant in the vegetable garden.  The peas are up about 3-4 inches now.  I bought Nasturtium seeds, to plant along the squash.  I'll let you all know if it really does repel the nasty, pain in the rump, squash bugs.

Only in our home, will you see a crazy woman, jumping for joy, because her rain barrel is full again.



Here's another kitty photo.  It's Sapphire, getting a drink from the doggie pool.  From a distance, she looks like a raccoon.

Well, it's off to work again.  Raising my coffee cup - Cheers to a prosperous day, or whatever you need (or want) to accomplish today!  

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yay for kitty bookmarks & kitty pictures! That bookmark looks really neat; are you going to embellish it with a little pink nose or eyes?

Candy C. said...

The bookmark is really cute! I would jump for joy for a full rain barrel myself. ;)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks ladies. I just may have to embellish it with felt maybe.