Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, May 19, 2013

From the Gratitude Journal. . .


Today, I am thankful for:

~for the wonderful lilac aroma wafting throughout the outdoors (and which I brought indoors too).

~for God's guidance, and giving me the knowledge to know how to cut back on my stress with gardening by doing a little every day vs. all of it in one long day, and leaving the dirty dishes for the kids and looking the other way....giving me the strength to get up extra early to avoid the heat...giving me a bountiful garden...



~for the colors that are reappearing on the front porch.  

~for the spearmint in my garden and iced tea made with it.

~for the pounds I'll lose this summer with all this garden/yard work to do.

~for our dogs, who alerted us of a group of people on the highway (at 2:30am), who had some sort of driving mishap.  

~for Timmy, the barn cat who showed up on our porch a year or so ago.  And who always makes me smile.  He plops wherever he wants, as if he has had the most grusome work day and is needing a nap.

~for the water in our well.  I've drained the rain barrel, and have been watering the garden, due to the lack of rain here.  Thankful for that rain barrel too.

~for my hubby being home today, and giving me a hand with garden work/yard work today, and for getting my breakfast. 

 




5 comments:

Sandra said...

We are enjoying the wonderful Lilacs too! You can smell them all through the house and yard. Love it!

Unknown said...

Your porch looks great! I miss having one, as we have a covered, narrow entry way. Ah well...

Michelle said...

I am thankful that my Lilac bush finally got flowers. Not many, but it's showing life YA!!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

nothing like a good guard dog to sound the alarm...It makes me miss our Gracie dog. Since she passed in February--Trouble our boxer has grieved for her and slowed down so much, we've brought her indoors permanently. She's scared of the dark...and she doesn't bark much. :/

Love your porch...and I bet the Lilacs smell devine!

Pat

Tami said...

Lilacs are definitely a blessing - and so is water in the well. With the drought last summer, we actually ran out and had to run a new line into the house from the well in the pasture. We're thankful for abundant rain this year that has the well and ponds full again.

Good luck with your garden - it sounds wonderful.