Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Could I Have Written It?

The release date, for the new movie The Great Gatsby, is May 10th of this year.  With it landing smack dab on my birthday, I decided to read the book before then.  


My family was sitting around talking about it, as it was on the front cover of my writing magazine (with the subtitle of "could you have written Gatsby?").  My son told me it's based on the book, and then we realized that not one of us has read the book.

With that said, I am happily reading a 1925 edition I borrowed from the library.

What are you reading?  Could you have written it?

2 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I have a copy too and it's not been read either.
I should probably take it off the shelf and read it!
I just might enjoy it!
Pat

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

...and No. I don't think I could have written it.
:)