Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Camera Crazy

You know you are camera crazy, when you sons comes in the house, tells you there's a vulture in the road, and you get so excited running through the house to get your camera, and run outside to photograph it (for your family's bird photo album), that the dogs think you are being attacked.  

To be honest, I was too far away, and should have crept up closer and hunkered down in the grass for a more concise photo.  But the heads on these things intrigue me.  

This morning, I took Sadie (one of the dogs) out to do her business, and spotted this little guy.  I've seen him/her flying around the place, and told myself I would get a good photo.  Well, I propped my elbows on the trash can for this one, but a bird above me started squawking, and off went the yellow finch. 
 

3 comments:

Willow said...

You don't see a vulture on a blog post every day ...cool!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Ha! camera crazy here too.
Those vultures are so interesting. We have so many here. Twice I've seen a couple of birds with a flock of vultures... then the other day, I saw one all alone, didn't have my camera...but looked it up
it is a Caracara. Ever heard of it?
I think it ate one of my baby chicks. That or an Owl...
The caracara is in the Falcon family, but is known to travel with the vultures eating both carrion and live animals.

wish I had my camera with...
the yellow finch is so vibrant!
Pat

Candy C. said...

That is a nasty looking vulture, looks a bit different than the ones around here. Pretty finch to balance it out though! :)