Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Birds

My son gifted me this over a year ago.  I had good intentions of hanging it in the tree in front of the front porch.  However, I did not.  I'm thinking, due to it's size, I will put it by my back porch, in hopes to lure in some more wrens.  Their song is so beautiful.  Hubby says no.  He wants it to stay inside to enjoy (never thought I'd hear him say that!)I have a similar one I left out all winter (that lights up inside during the night), and has weathered well.  Decisions, decisions....


Today it's cloudy, but no rain.  I have lots of laundry to do, as the girls waited until they ran out of clothes before bringing it all downstairs.  The temperatures will be up in the 60's this weekend.

Hubby and I stopped to walk through a thrift store yesterday.  I'll have a few items to share with you next week.  I also have one more item that was in the box sent by my Aunt.  I should have photos to share that as well.

Have a great weekend!  




3 comments:

Liz said...

That is so cute! I would have a hard time hanging it outside too!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

So cute!
I'd hang it. Life is too short to miss the little wrens. :) Pat

Sam I Am...... said...

It is cute and the birds would wreck it! I'm with hubby on this one.