Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, April 12, 2013

From the Handiwork Journal . . .


. . . started my crocheted shawl, and love this pattern I received from another farmgirl.  It looks like the one from Little House on the Prairie.  I had trouble deciding on color, so I may make a second one in a red.  I will post a photo when it is completed.



. . . started making dish scrubbies.  I haven't made these since my Mom had her heart surgery (and I gifted them to family members).  I would love to find netting in an aqua or teal, but our craft store here doesn't sell that color.  The pattern is in MaryJane Butter's Stitching Room book.






. . . made a few more necklace charms for gifting.


. . . started crocheting another pot holder set for sale.


(click "Here" to see instructions)

. . . created some fun bread tag earrings for my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot .


. . . primed and painted two frames I bought at the thrift store.  I have a plan for these yet. The are being painted black.


. . . sewed two long curtains to cover two very ugly sections of cubbies (used to have long thin baskets, and a plain waste of space, but now storing things like flashlights), using some fabric a farmgirl gifted me.  I do believe I may need to invest in a new sewing machine.  I will try to get it cleaned and oiled, but my bobbin thread just gets caught up in a mess and I can't figure out why.  It's my Mom's old machine.





These types of projects are slowing being dwindled down in progress.  As the planting season begins, and so forth, time for handiwork will be at a minimum.  The layers and meat chickens arrived yesterday.   I just hope and pray that I can keep up with the Farmer's Market this summer.

 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Question- would you ever make/sell all wool shawls? I've always wanted one:)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Nancy,
I thought about making my first one with all wool, but purchased a "soft" worsted weight yarn. I'll let you know how this pattern turns out.