Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Messing with Milk


I am so happy they we have fresh goat's milk, as part of our self-sufficiency, and health reasons.

The government just can't stop messing with milk these days.  Read here:  Flavored Milk

. . .  just passing this along for anyone interested.  "Diet" Milk? Ugh.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I was just reading about that...
from what I read it wouldn't even be labeled!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You are right - no label. We as consumers, don't even really know what is in our food anymore. This will only get worse I believe. It's the reason we went self-sufficient. So scary too.

Cindylee said...

Sandra is correct, they don't want to label it. Maybe if consumers put their feet down, and that means, DO NOT BUY IT, (because all 'they' listen to is the 'almighty' dollar), we'll get their attention. The other part of that equation is doing exactly what you just did...Share what you know so others can know, too! (So, thanks for sharing...think I will just go back to my little blog and share, too!)

Candy C. said...

Yep, I'm glad I have my goats for milk too! What in the world are they THINKING!!