One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, February 16, 2013

No Eggs? No Problem


I adapted the recipe for Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies, by using natural peanut butter, and lard (vs. shortening).  Once we have goat's milk again, I will bake these again, using organic butter and goat's milk (vs. the buttermilk).


These were pretty good, and I got about 6 1/2 dozen cookies, by using my smaller pampered chef cookie scoop.  

I think these would make a wonderful addition to our Christmas cookies next season too.  And I am betting they would freeze well.
 

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Always good to have a "Oh, I don't have this or that" kind of recipe in our books. I've adapted several recipes to either no-Egg or no-Milk or Vegetable oil/Lard instead of butter.
Those look yummy :)

Candy C. said...

I agree with Carolyn, it's nice to have some back-up recipes on hand! Thanks for taste testing them for us!! :)