Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Cow?


Meet another journal I have - the dream journal.  I warned you all.  I'm definitely a journal junkie.  It's not the most written in either.  Most of the time I can't remember the dream very long after waking up.  It's looking rather boring too,  don't ya' think?  I really do need to make a cover for it. 

I woke up the other day, from another odd dream.  I must be delirious, so I checked my forehead for any signs of a fever.

Nope.  No fever. 

Hubby was still home and getting for work.

"Uh, I just had a dream we got a cow," I said clearing my parched throat and dealing with congestion.

So....that dream went right into the journal before I forgot.  It was so strange too.  A farmer nearby had a cow, but wasn't taking care of it, according to one of my daughter's.

"Mom!  We have to do something!  she screamed at me.  "He can't be feeding it!  Have you heard it moo lately?  she screamed in panic, and worried about the care of it.

Yep.  That's the kind of dream it was.  So, in my dream, we go talk to the farmer, and find out he doesn't want the cow.   So we take it.  

And then I woke up.  

I know, Earth shattering news, right?  Not the most intersting blog post yet.

The dreaded cough has set in now.  I wonder what the next dream will be about. 
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You dreamed you started to be healthy!

Candy C. said...

I'll bet it was related to what you guys are going through with your daughter's horse.
I just found a homemade cough syrup recipe that uses onion, garlic and honey. Sounds like it should really work! The name of the blog was Nifty Thrifty Bits if you want to check it out.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I have those weird crazy dreams.
I haven't written them down in years...but I used to.
I decided it was pointless. Because then I'd waste time trying to understand the meaning.

I do keep a notebook next to the bed to write down project, organizing, and craft or decorating ideas into it...when my mind won't shut off at night.

I guess that's a journal of sorts. :)Pat

Sam I Am...... said...

I dream a lot and remember most and write it in my journal when I do which is the first thing (after bathroom and coffee) that I do when I get up. There are some that are so vivid and memorable that I take them as a "sign" of something. I've been having lots of dreams about the past and not the happy parts either so I am taking it as a reminder to not go down that road again. Sometimes I think it's just the last thing we read before we drifted off to sleep or the t.v. show that was on or even some issues that came up during the day that your subconscious works on for you while you sleep but only you can determine which it might be. That's my take on dreams anyway...not an exact science that's for sure! I can't wait to see now if a cow appears in your life!

caprejan said...

I wish I could commit myself to do a journal I get as far as the second page and forget to do it.
Have you ever looked at Ro Bruhn blog, her journals are fantastic, do take a look they are such an inspiration.