One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 7, 2012

From the Gratitude Journal . . .

 . . . I am thankful for wind and sun.


. . . I am thankful that we found Nellie (our lost araucana), and she is safe and sound. I wish I had a photo of her to share.  She is very pretty.  I'll try to do that soon.

 . . . I am thankful that my son caught the owl in the coop before it could kill the rest of our chickens.

. . . I am thankful for beautiful sunsets.

. . . I am thankful for calm weather, so I can turn off my corn/pellet burner to save on pellets today.

. . .I am thankful for honest friends.

. . .I am thankful for God's timely reminders and Love.  

 

 

3 comments:

Hibiscus House said...

This is a wonderful post. Thankful for wonderful blog friends that are thankful to God.

Anna W said...

That is a gorgeous sunset! I adore sunsets, so thank you for sharing it.
And this is a beautiful post!
I am thankful for all of my blogging friends and for blogger, where we can all meet, share our lives and learn and grow.

Have a blessing filled day!

Candy C. said...

I'm so glad you found Nellie!! Thank you for such a lovely post! :)