One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Creative Ornament Challenge


I've been busy updating my S.C.R.A.P. blog, and adding more handmade ornaments.  Over the summer, I collected all of the clothespins that broke, saving the pieces for a special project.

I put together a snowman from some of the parts, and have now challenged the kids to create one by themselves.

The first one to make one, was my soon-to-be 11 year-old daughter.  

She made her ornament into an angel, using feathers, scrap fabric, glitter and a bead.  

I'm still waiting on the other kids to finish theirs.  I think they need a little Christmas mojo, to get them going  

Take a look at S.C.R.A.P. to see them. 

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

I enjoyed looking at all your ornaments! Your daughter did an awesome job with the angel! :)