One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hair Cut ~ Write Out

It's a bad photo, but you can see the length of my hair.  I have not gotten it cut at a salon for two years.  Why? I simply put it off, due to expenses for the kids, school costs, car repairs, and household expenses and repairs.  Basically, I put myself last.  It's a bad habit.

I think my kids get one once a year, and then I try to trim their hair myself.  With such a large family, haircuts are not that often around here.

So....today's the day.  I will donate the hair, as I have done before, if I have enough to cut off. If I get the chance, I'll have a photo taken of the length after it's cut, and update it here.


Today, I'll be roasting the Thanksgiving turkey a day in advance, baking a pumpkin pie and writing.  I hope to write all afternoon today.

Have a Happy and Peaceful Thanksgiving!   

8 comments:

Carolyn Renee said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!
Your hair is beautiful! Sadly, after my pregnancy, my hair refuses to grow any longer and is thinning out. Guess it's worth it though!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I had long hair...this time a year ago. It was down to my butt! I got it cut...but because I had colored it...I didn't donate. (I was told they wouldn't take it)
Same as you... put myself last when it came to things like that.
So glad I cut it...it took the weight off, and my headaches were lessened.
Have a great day writing.
We're smoking our Turkey today and I'm also doing some baking.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, KRISTINA.
-Pat

Candy C. said...

Your hair is lovely! I must admit, my hair is my vanity and I just can't cut it off. It is down past my waist right now because it hasn't been trimmed in at least two years. You are a good person to donate!
Have a nice Thanksgiving!! :)

Nancy Jo said...

Don't cut it.
NancyJo

simplicityinthemaking said...

Long hair is a crown of glory. I have long hair too, down to my bum, and only trim it up a few times a year. Dearest likes me to have long hair, but there are days..............!

Michelle said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you have a great day.

Anna W said...

You're hair is absolutely beautiful!!! I can't imagine cutting it, but someone will be very blessed to have it as their own.

Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you and all of yours!!

nancy said...

Gorgeous hair! I went to a medium/shorter cut a few years ago, but I got tired of the longer hair. When I went shorter people told me I looked younger :) Much lower maintainence too!