Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday Husband Funny ~ More so My Own Funny

If you follow my blog, you probably already know I detest Black Friday.  I detest the overload of wasted paper stuffed into my Thursday newspaper.  I detest the stores attempt to lure in the craziest people, and today, you are liable to get shot while shopping on "black Friday."

"Look honey!" he laughs throwing the entire ton of store flyers at me, "look at all those black Friday deals!!"

Literally, the flyers weighed down a sink hole in my bed.  I was trying to crochet and rest before retiring, and he has to do that to me?

(He laughed, and laughed)

The rest of the night, while sipping our loose leaf organic sleep tea, and attempting to relax with a good TV show, we were bombarded with blurps of black Friday songs, commercials and more commercials - blech!  What a way to ruin the night, I thought.

During every commerical, I'd look at hubby.  He'd be smirking and holding back a chuckle.

I could not sleep after that, and for other reasons.  Finally, I fell asleep about midnight.  Then my son woke me up by taking our lab out at 2am.  I fell back asleep.

Then it happened.

"BEEP, BEEP!"

My cell phone woke me up. It was 4:30am.  I looked at the phone.  A text message.  I better check it, you just never know if it's an emergency.

"Seriously!!" (after checking the message)

I wanted to throw that phone at the wall and smash it, or stab it with my knitting needles.

When hubby woke up, and made us eggs for breakfast, I told him about my night.  When I got around to sharing the part about my text message, he burst out laughing.

"That is SOOOOO funny!" he laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

You see, the text message was an alert from some store, telling me about the first black friday deal they were having.

Hmpf!

Oh, he's still laughing about it.  

         

   

4 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I'm with you.
I don't even want to shop today...and support the SMALL BUSINESS!
I'm that much of a rebel.
What happened?!
Are people that naive?
Stay home and knit away. That is what I'm doing. I took down my Fall decor. And am giving my house a rest. i've got laundry on the line and dishes are done...the bathroom is cleaned up...from Thursday's abuse...and I'm going to sit and crochet!
I've got a sale in my shop right now...hmmm... does that make me a hypocrite? Well... I don't know. But...I'm just really wanting to move stuff-- not get rich!

:) 'Tis the Season!
Pat

larkspur funny farm said...

I am right there with you gals - I HATE all the hype, the stupid behavior and the waste. I almost thru my little TV across the room too - every minute, every channel was the drumming of BUY BUY BUY and it is all stuff that we can easily live without and should. So I stand with you about this. One thing going for me is I don't own a cell phone nor do I get the paper so that is two less to scream about. Enjoy peace and something that calms you...

Candy C. said...

Hmmm...your hubby has a sick sense of humor!! LOL!!

Unknown said...

I stayed home Friday. I hate BF too, what a bunch of loonie tunes. Some guy was arrested back east for leaving his toddler in a freezing car, alone while he bought a 51" tv. Really? The police had to break into his car... And have the store take you off their call list!