One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Going Bananas. . .


 Bananas were on sale, so I decided to try dehydrating them into chips.  If they kids like them, they will be healthy, inexpensive lunch packings and snacks.

 My intention was to sit, sip a hot cup of tea, inhale the wonderful apple spice candle, and read over some magazines from the library.


However,  while the tea cooled, I looked over to see that more of my bananas were ripe - too ripe to eat.  So I hopped on the handy dandy computer and made these Healthy Banana Cookies.  So simple, and so delicious.

Then I sat back down to sip my tea, and came across another recipe - Banana Chocolate Cupcakes.


I ended up baking again. 

I whipped my egg whites by hand this time.  Very easy to do also.  It was a rainy, dreary day, so it may be why I got the "baking bug" or it may be just the case of "when you give a mom a muffin."  You know how we can all get side tracked so easily in our day?


These were in the "Lower-Calorie" section of the Diabetic Cooking magazine.  We are not diabetic, but love their lower sugar/calorie recipes.  The family devoured these, even before I had a chance to frost them.

I still have more ripe bananas for baking, but need to run to the store for some butter.  Otherwise, you'd be looking at photos of banana bread also. 

Baking - the best therapy for stress.

3 comments:

EMMA said...

Yum, that all looks delicious. I have everything I need to make the banana cookies and 1 hour before I have to do the school run.....going to get busy.

Candy C. said...

The muffins ended up being even healthier since they ate them without the frosting! :)
I love rainy, dreary days for baking.

nancy said...

I love to make banana bread with pecans in the winter, with a cup of hot cocoa, yum. Can you post the Banana Chocolate Cupcakes recipe? Sounds good!