One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 28, 2012

Quick Homemade Barbeque Sauce


I have been contemplating whether or not to can barbeque sauce this year.  

I put southern style ribs in the crock-pot and topped it with one canned jar of homemade grape jelly, and one jar of home canned ketchup.


I typically do this for meatballs, but use apricot jelly instead.


However, this tasted pretty good.  As long as I can both of these, I won't need to can barbeque sauce. It is a sweeter taste, so if you want spicy, you'll need to add heat with a spice.


No comments: