One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, September 30, 2012

More Spiders....sigh...


This orb weaver is hanging out at the old water trough I use for planting flowers in.  My son is enjoying the presence of it, and loves feeding it bugs.  You have to admit, the coloring is pretty neat.  However, I won't be touching this one. 

This orb weaver spider finally came back out for it's photo shoot. However, you can see that it is hanging upside down under the wrapped grass hopper.  I was not about to get any closer to try and photograph the other side.  Eww!  This spider was the one that almost ended up in my hair while I was picking tomatoes.

5 comments:

nancy said...

Eww is right!

Michelle said...

You know she will have babies. I know we need spiders, but I don,t like them at all.

Michelle said...

You know she will have babies. I know we need spiders, but I don,t like them at all.

Kristina said...

I told my son I would sure hate to name all those babies she'll have. Ugh. He's out there right now feeding it and showing it off to my 10 year-old.

Candy C. said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck!! I'm just NOT a fan of spiders!! You did a good job getting close enough to photograph them!