One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Making Liquid Hand Soap

We are another step towards complete self-sufficiency.  I made liquid hand soap for the first time.  It's not really a necessity, as we have the handmade goat's milk bar soap.  However, it is useful to have at all the sinks.


I grated 2 bars of goat's milk soap and melted it down in 4 cups of water, adding 2 Tbsp. of glycerine.  We decided not to add any oils for fragrance.

This will cut down on our costs for buying liquid hand soap, and is one more thing I can make myself.  

It's not only chemical free, but much better for the environment as well. 

Today is a rainy, cool fall day.  The sun is trying to slip through the clouds. 

I've managed to freeze the remaining picked peppers.  Dutch Oven Chili is simmering for dinner.

I have the afternoon to work on writing. 

I'm sure after today's rain, I'll have more in the garden soon.

Hubby and I are already planning another night away for ourselves.   It's our prescription to a blessed marriage.

No comments: