One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Apricot Jalapeno Jelly

There are many versions of recipes for this jelly.  One of my larger stove top burners stopped working, so I got out my Ball Jam Maker and took a look at the recipes that come with that.



I used their Pepper Jelly recipe, but instead of any green pepper, I split the amount with red bell pepper and dried apricots.  It's good, and more of a mild pepper jelly recipe.  I made 4 perfect 1/2 pints of jelly. 

Next, I'll make a Hot Pepper Jelly.  One with a bit more heat to it.  This is my first year canning pepper jellies.


I did a lot of researching on the Internet, and many reviews stated that the recipes requiring 2 cups of cider had too much.  The Ball Jam recipe book required 2/3 cup for 4 - 1/2 pints. 

4 comments:

simplicityinthemaking said...

Sounds hot!
Hows the market going?

RiverBend Farm said...

Apricot jelly, yes.. jalapenos, no. I love the smell but prefer no hot. But it looks delicious!!

The 3 Foragers said...

Wow, this sound fantastic, sweet and hot, maybe good for a BBQ sauce?
Great improv, too!

Candy C. said...

I picked up some straberries on sale yesterday, how about Strawberry-Jalapeno jam? :)