Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Apricot Jalapeno Jelly

There are many versions of recipes for this jelly.  One of my larger stove top burners stopped working, so I got out my Ball Jam Maker and took a look at the recipes that come with that.



I used their Pepper Jelly recipe, but instead of any green pepper, I split the amount with red bell pepper and dried apricots.  It's good, and more of a mild pepper jelly recipe.  I made 4 perfect 1/2 pints of jelly. 

Next, I'll make a Hot Pepper Jelly.  One with a bit more heat to it.  This is my first year canning pepper jellies.


I did a lot of researching on the Internet, and many reviews stated that the recipes requiring 2 cups of cider had too much.  The Ball Jam recipe book required 2/3 cup for 4 - 1/2 pints. 

4 comments:

simplicityinthemaking said...

Sounds hot!
Hows the market going?

TxFarmhouse said...

Apricot jelly, yes.. jalapenos, no. I love the smell but prefer no hot. But it looks delicious!!

The 3 Foragers said...

Wow, this sound fantastic, sweet and hot, maybe good for a BBQ sauce?
Great improv, too!

Candy C. said...

I picked up some straberries on sale yesterday, how about Strawberry-Jalapeno jam? :)