Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Abandon Chores ~ Play Like a Kid


After dinner last night, I got out the watercolor paints and started painting some journal pages. 

This was so much fun.  The kids got a kick out of seeing Mom sitting at the table painting.  In fact, they were in so much awe, that my 15 year-old daughter got the video camera out.  She wanted to make sure it was caught on tape for the record.  Ha ha ha ha!


Some days, you just need to let the dirty dishes sit, and dig into your creativity.

Here's a look at yesterday's "garden" dinner - a meal my Mom used to make.  Potatoes, green beans and bacon, all mixed together. 

The potatoes were so creamy and delicious.  I finally figured out why I hated vegetables as a kid - stuff from the store is so tainted that it doesn't taste good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 4th and enjoy your time!

Sam I Am...... said...

Your journal pages are gorgeous....you are really good!
I've never tried water colors but it does look like fun and very relaxing! You could do cards or notes and sell them at your stand.
Have a great 4th of July!

Candy C. said...

Happy Independence Day to you and yours! :)
Your dinner looks delicious, one of my favorites!

Jodie said...

That broccoli looks delicious as does the potatoes...

Jodie :)