One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, April 9, 2012

Vintage Pearls



  (an antique store "find")

Whether these are real or not, I bought them.  They were only $.50 each, including the earrings.  Although I bought them for wearing, the girls are already fighting over who gets to wear them first, for play jewelry.  A girl has to have her pearls.

4 comments:

Anna said...

You come up with the best finds. Those pearls are beautiful! And I love that hanger. It is so unique.

Nancy Jo said...

Kris,
Pretty good buy for.50 cents. I have a whole bunch of pearls, I just don't know for sure how to tell the real ones. Some of the clasps are pretty fancy so I think they might be the better ones. Someone said if they are strung on a heavy thread with knots between the pearls thats a good thing. So I just keep them not really knowing.
I went to the thrift for a fast look this morning. Got a pretty white blouse, and a bag of small wooden apples.
Nancy Jo

nancy said...

Cute!

Sam I Am...... said...

Very pretty real or not. I have pearls that were my Mothers and they are cultured but in a very nice box and are strung on cord or string and knotted in between each but I didn't think "cultured" were real. Just an F.Y.I.