Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sewing Wonderful






I finished my hot pads.  These were fun to make.  I have been wanting to practice some cross stitch embroidery, and this was my chance.  I also used up some scrap material.  Hubby will be glad the "pile" is shrinking.

I'll post the other pattern tomorrow.  I had to take another daughter to the doctor, who also ran a fever most of the day and night.  This crazy weather (80° one day and 50° the next) is most likely causing our bad allergy issues and the spread of viruses from their public school.  

No baby goat(s) yet...my daughter said "any day now."

8 comments:

simplicityinthemaking said...

That is really cute. I grew up with Chichen scratch tablecothes. But this hot plate is really ideal.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, I have done chicken scratch before, YEARS ago; but this would be SO CUTE in my kitchen! I'll have to see if I can dig out some red gingham from my stash!.. Hope you're enjoying your day! ~tina

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Cute little hot pad and great work on the cross-stitching...hadn't done any myself in years.
I've recently acquired all my mother in-loves embroidery stash...there are tons of prepackaged sets and thread, ...I should organize it all and get ready to settle into stitching once the 100° temps get here.

Hope everyone is soon well at your place. Y'all have sure had your share of illness since I've met you; Y'all need a 'health'break!

~Pat

Unknown said...

Cute!

Candy C. said...

Hope your daughter is feeling better, this weather doesn't help at ALL!!

Michelle said...

What a cute idea.

Sam I Am...... said...

How did I miss these? LOL! They are darling...what do you use in the middle for heat resistance? anything special?
Oh, also,,,,I use castile soap that I grate but I'm curious too what the other gal uses. This last time I used Yardley English lavendar from Wal-Mart. It was less than a dollar a bar and it already had the scent but looked pretty pure otherwise.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I used 2 pieces of insulbright in the center (I found it at Jo-Ann Fabrics, sold by the yard).