One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 13, 2012

Snowin' and a Blowin'

We are getting some snow right now.  Everyone of course, is a bit disappointed that there wasn't enough for a school delay - ha ha!

I am continuing to work on projects that I started last spring. While digging through my craft supplies, I discovered a lap afghan that I started and never finished - tsk tsk.

This is my project every evening.  During the day, after chores, I work on other projects too.  I'll have some photos to share soon, regarding the ornaments that I am making with the wooden rings.

Crafts are not the only thing that remains on a list.  I have many cooking/baking items I want to try this year too. 



Today I am Thankful for:

~ God's Mercy
~ on-line Bible studies that I can participate from home
~ surprise mail that makes me smile
~ books!  My entire family loooves to read books.  We utilize non-fiction for so many reasons and I learn from them each day.  
~ our animals...all of them...life would be so boring without them.
~ my Uncle!  He is awesome! He gave us his treadmill and I can walk every day for health reasons.  My kids use it too.
~ my Aunt!  She is always upbeat and positive and keeps my crankiness at bay.
~ my Mom! She reminds me so often of the things I am good at.
 

4 comments:

Mooberry Farmwife said...

Kristina, that lap afghan is beautiful! I love the colors and the wavy pattern. I enjoy crochet a lot myself, I love to see other ladies' projects. :)

simplicityinthemaking said...

Kristina I absolute LOVE the colours in your crochet afghan. It is blizzard like conditions up here today. We were tobogganing yesterday.

Candy C. said...

I like the colors on the afghan and I really like your Thankful list! :)

Michelle said...

I have always wanted to make yarn wash clothes. I finally bought the yarn today. Your posts of the crafts you have done is what inspired me. Thank you so much.