Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Full Moon and Other Tidbits

I attempted to photograph the sunrise this morning, however, I ended up catching another moon photo.

It was just starting to go down behind the trees.  I missed the sunrise by running back to get my camera.  The pink clouds were so pretty this morning.  Maybe I'll get a another chance to get a picture of it this winter.

Although I now I should be writing out my seed orders for the garden, I keep taking an inventory over my projects.  The most important ones to finish this winter, will be Christmas presents.  Those are a must to finish now.  Summer gardening, as large as our family is, will be very time consuming this year.

If you have a chance, stop on over to my S.C.R.A.P. blog. . .

I was inspired by another blog I follow, and with her mini-wreath pattern, we created a S.C.R.A.P. Cereal Box Gift Tag. 


Cereal boxes can be recycled in most cities now, but you can use any food box you may have also.  Or use the cardboard from light bulb boxes, clothing, curtains, etc.

I am now on day 4 of trying a herbal oil mix for our immune system.  I am simmering it so that the entire house can benefit from it.  So far, we are seeing results.  Instead of being irritable with sinus pressure, we are seeing many runny noses - the same results of some over the counter allergy medications.  I am also using garlic oil drops for my ear.  I am on day 4 of those too.  I still don't have my hearing totally clear yet, but continue to use the oil.  By day 14 I will know if they worked or not.

3 comments:

Candy C. said...

What an AWESOME picture of the moon! I'm kinda glad you missed the sunrise! ;-)

Lisa Brawner said...

What a beautiful shot of the moon

Bluestocking Redneck said...

That's a beautiful picture of the full moon!