Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday, even though it wasn't the Thanksgiving Holiday,  held a lot of things to be thankful for.


 The sun was out and I put laundry on the line to dry.  The wind was perfect for it.

The kids groan when I put on Christmas music this early, but I love it.  I even dug through my sock drawer and pulled out a fun pair of Christmas socks.  I don't have many, but love to put them on.  They kind of set the mood for the day.

Yesterday I had three of four writing partners.  They are taking advantage of me resting more often than not.  They won't know what to do in a few days, when I hope to be up at the crack of dawn, making up for lost time around here.


I may have to switch gears and go with a different baby blanket.  While I was sick, I missed a baby shower, for a family member who is due in January.  I may have to drop this project and work up a simple blanket instead.  Who knows, God works miracles every day.


We have gained ground on the goat shed and Orion loves his new house.  Even without the roof on it yet.  My 15 year- old daughter has also been painting primer on the sides when the weather was good enough. 


As for home remedy updates:  the heating pad has helped drain a very small amount of ear fluid (I still can't hear), and I may go ahead and heat up garlic today for homemade garlic drops.  Two more kids are back to feeling sick again, and I continue to mix a cup of water/organic apple cider vinegar/raw honey.  I still plan to buy some elderberry concentrate and try that as well as "Cold Calm" that was also suggested.  I am also trying a dose of turmeric for boosting my immune system.  It's all I had on hand.

Thankgsgiving Thankfulness:

Today I am thankful for (and in no particular order)


~a turkey in the roaster
~coffee and water
~God's Mercy
~my camera and the ability to photograph 
~my family
~indoor plumbing
~nail polish (a secret pick me up when I am down)
~our farm
~books
~my Bible
~my cozy bathrobe
~our pets who comfort us, make us laugh, and warm us
~(he he he!) the cd player that's in my kitchen and will soon be blasting Christmas music to wake up the kids.

2 comments:

City Chick said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

I pray that you're feeling better!

Candy C. said...

Enjoy your Christmas music! :)