Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, November 14, 2011

Goats, Chickens, and More


The goat shed is finally getting more work, however they ran out of materials yesterday.  

Other than the actual part for the wood stove door ($180.00), we located a glass business, about an hour away, who can cut us the glass for $140.00.  We are calling another business today that was closed all weekend.  It's hard to believe that 12 in. x 15 in. piece of tempered glass can cost so much.

Two weekends ago, our hen that was egg bound died.  We did bring her inside, and did whatever we could, but she could not pass her egg.  Over this past weekend, the roosters got into a fight.  We had no idea, until the kids went outside to put them in for the night.  They have never bothered each other until now.  For a short story on that visit my 15 year-old's blog:  Life as a Teen Farmgirl.

It's too early to call my doctor today, but now I will be calling two doctors.  My 9 year-old is home sick with the same cough I have and she is wheezing.  I myself, have not stopped coughing.  I would not wish this on anyone.
 

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

Here's hoping for better news on the door for the stove!

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better! Sorry for your chicken too, that's always tough...