Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin and Goat's Milk Fudge ~ Sunny Day for Dog Play



I'll have to make these again, I realized I should have double checked and tested my thermometer.  I am still using a candy thermometer I've had for over 12 years.  It's an acurite thermometer by Chaney Instruments.  I really need to invest in a better candy thermometer.

I later tested my thermometer (sigh).  It read 195°F at boiling point.  That means I should have taken my fudge off the heat at  219°F instead of 236°F.  Quite a difference.

I just had a brain lapse.  My word!  My mother gave me a nice stainless steel candy thermometer made by Taylor (Smacking myself in the head!)  Sheesh, I definitely have to make this fudge again.

What a tasty treat to make.  I did not have an 8 x 8 inch pan so these came out a bit thin.


Gus

Jesse and Sadie


4 comments:

Candy C. said...

Pumpkin fudge sounds yummy! Let us know how the next batch comes out and please share the recipe! (I couldn't read it on here.)

Bluestocking Redneck said...

I see you have blue and white Willow China! This is my favorite pattern and I have been fortunate enough to add some antique pieces to my collection over the years. I was also able to find a book about the beautiful Chinese legend behind the Willow dishes.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I found my smaller plate for sale at a Goodwill store. I think I paid about $.50 a plate. I was a rare find.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Candy, I'll try to get the fudge recipe posted soon.