One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, September 12, 2011

Knitting Update ~ Dishcloths

I finally did it!  After all these years of buying these knitted dishcloths, I knitted not one, but two myself. 

The first one was a basic square, and I put it up for sale in my on-line store.  The second pattern involved a diagonal garter stitch.

I do not have size 7 needles, so I made it with size 8, but it ended up 2 inches smaller than the pattern stated.  I am also concerned, because my starting point and the ending point do not look the same.  You can't really see in this photo, but to me it appeared different.


I found another pattern on-line this morning, and the woman had the same feelings about the starting and ending points.  I will try her pattern also, and make sure to keep measuring as I knit.  


I'm excited to finally do this.  I am still crocheting, tatting and making other crafts, it's just been one day at a time.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great job!! I crochet my dish cloths. i am so slow at knitting and the others go s fast and take less thread.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

I make crocheted cloths.
Your's look great. I can't tell a starting point from an ending point on them... but I don't knit.
As for Tatting... I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DO THAT!!!!

...that is me in my sounding jealous voice (kind of whiny...) Pat

Candy C. said...

I like the diagonal pattern and the colors you used! :)