His eyes were swollen, his ears were swollen and covered with poison oak, as well as his entire body. I was about to take him to the doctor for a quick fix, when we started using a spray bottle of apple cider vinegar and water (50/50).
He had been using a wash that we've always used, followed by a cream to dry it up. It just kept showing up in other places on his body.
We mixed the water and apple cider vinegar and he sprayed himself, anytime, including taking a small bottle to work with him. He looks so much better and he's not scratching.
I think we found the culprit too - one of the dogs. We think the dog slept with him, then spread it, and spread it. We did a major wipe down/clean up too. Even I got it on my arm after walking in the house and only being home for about 15 minutes. I looked down and my entire wrist to elbow was covered in poison oak.
We've got all three poisons here, so we have to be so careful. We have poison sumac to kill this fall, and we've already killed much of our poison ivy. It's the oak that keeps showing up.
As for the sewing and embroidery, my 9 year-old daughter has shown more interest than the older girls. She's been asking for felt to make her Tiger Needle Case. I did help her with the pattern and cutting (very sharp scissors).
She completed the embroidery, and the stitching to bind the two pieces together. She also did the drawing for the nose, mouth and dots.
These words will now be written in my quote book, and read over and over, along with others.