One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School

It was a happy/sad day today.  The kids were up very early and pretty excited about going back to school.  Me on the other hand, was a bit down.  


I did have a lot to keep me busy.  If fact, my first canned tomato sauce is still reducing.  In between cutting up all those roma tomatoes and onions, I pulled 2 watermelons from the garden and cut them up.  I also pulled about 5 more zucchini.  I think I will put the relish canning and tomato freezing jobs off until tomorrow.  Five loads of laundry wore me out, on top of all the other work around here.  


I never got my "porch time" as my Dad surprised us with a visit.  The kids were very excited and can't wait to show him the goats.

3 comments:

Candy C. said...

I like the picture of the school bus through the window!

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

Glad you had a productive day with the bounty from the garden! :)

We home-educate, so I am fortunate to not have to watch the bus drive away...the picture you posted almost makes me cry!

I hope you are enjoying your week!
Kindly,
Katy

nancypo said...

Our students came back to school today. They were so excited seeing all their friends, jabber, jabber :) Nothing beats seeing their pals after the summer away..