One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, August 5, 2011

Blueberry Bonanza!

Our 20 pounds of Michigan grown blueberries are in.  I have already started the first batch of Blueberry Jelly - my first ever.


The plan is to can about 12 pints of jelly vs. jam today, but we will see.  I have a list of other things to make with the blueberries, as well as freeze some of them for future muffins, breakfast bars, breads, and pancakes/waffles.

4 comments:

Candy C. said...

Lucky you! Those blueberries are gorgeous!!

nancypo said...

Where did you order yours from?

Kristina said...

We placed an order through a local produce/garden market, who trucks them in from Michigan. I am not sure which particular location in MI they are trucked in from. We have a local U-pick farm nearby, but I have not heard back if they are still open.

nancypo said...

I gave your blog a salute on my blog. Tell me what you think? Thanks!http://littlehomesteadinboise.blogspot.com/