Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bathroom Bling

Every bathroom needs some "bling."


 On a recent trip to the "big" city for appointments, I stopped at Hobby Lobby in search for #80 tatting thread.  They did have it, but only in white.  However, I always take a stroll down the clearance or marked down aisle.  

I found this really neat, slightly imperfect, glass plate.  It was $4.99, marked down to $.99.  It is now a soap dish for my master bathroom sink.  It holds a nail scrubber, which every farmgirl needs, along with homemade soap. 

I took a shelf that we still had in our garage, and put it up in my master bathroom.  On it, is an  antique serving tray, glass flower vase with real, fresh cut flowers, a replicated antique clock, and a vintage hankie.   I am still working on the rest of the bathroom.  I did locate 3 rugs that look exactly like the rug that were in the cabin we stayed at, this past spring.  I loved them and they too, accent the bathroom.


I know these won't last forever, but for now, they are "bling" in my own bathroom.  I've had to wash them several times already, and I don't dry them in the dryer.  Hopefully, they will last long enough for me to get rag rugs made.

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

OMG, I just love your new soap dish! What a great idea to add some bling to an otherwise boring room! :)

Unknown said...

Such cuteness! Jave a cheery yellow, cottagey shelf (got it at a discount store) in our bath room, with some framed sand dollars (I made myself) and a seabird... ah, I miss the ocean...