One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wild Berries

 (Before Baking)
2 Wild black raspberry pies made from about 16 cups of berries.  Yum!  Oh....the first one had way too much liquid and was served in a bowl with ice cream.  Everyone laughed, but it's the first time for me making pies with these berries.  Now if I can get them to help pick about 10 more cups, I can make jelly also.  Amazing how far wild berries will supply us.

3 comments:

Candy C. said...

I can almost taste it! :)

The 3 Foragers said...

Pies and jelly are always favorites. I like your lattice work.

Yart said...

Jealous!!!