Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wild Berries

 (Before Baking)
2 Wild black raspberry pies made from about 16 cups of berries.  Yum!  Oh....the first one had way too much liquid and was served in a bowl with ice cream.  Everyone laughed, but it's the first time for me making pies with these berries.  Now if I can get them to help pick about 10 more cups, I can make jelly also.  Amazing how far wild berries will supply us.

3 comments:

Candy C. said...

I can almost taste it! :)

The 3 Foragers said...

Pies and jelly are always favorites. I like your lattice work.

Yart said...

Jealous!!!