Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, July 1, 2011

More Black Raspberries and Goat Goes to the Vet

We are picking more and more fresh, wild black raspberries every day.  We have to pick them before the birds and the deer get to them.  They are mostly at the back of our property, on the edge of the woods.  We are lucky to have one not far from the front door also.  Either way, we are sure to get mosquito bites and prickers all over our legs and arms.

I don't feel much like cooking today, and they have brought me another full quart of berries.  I think I will keep those another day and add to it, making 3 1/2 pints or more of jelly this time.  

Orion, our male goat needs to see a farm vet today.  I am sure my daughter will have an update on her blog later.  Watch for it at:  LIFE AS A TEEN FARMGIRL



You can't see the horn than has grown down from this view, but I'll see if my daughter can post pictures.

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

Those berries look really good! Hope the goat boy is okay!