One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, June 10, 2011

Milkweed Quiche

I located a recipe that I can use my foraged milkweed in.  I found it on a blog devoted to foraged food.  The recipe is Crustless Milkweed Flower Quiche.  I don't have any milkweed with flowers, so this recipe will have to wait.  However, I can't wait to try it.

2 comments:

The 3 Foragers said...

I hope you like our recipe, we are also working on some new ones for this year using the unopened flower buds, like a creamo-of-flower-bud-soup, pickled milkweed "capers", and a noodle stir-fry. Would you have any more ideas? We are also raising a monarch caterpillar we accidentally gathered, our daughter is fascinated! Karen

Kristina said...

My family thinks I'm nuts, but I am still going to make this recipe, and many more you post. Last year we walked around our 6 acres and found wild black raspberries. I made jam and other items with them. Once our milkweed is in bloom, I will post a picture to make sure it's what I'm to be cooking with.